Google now lets you activate free SSL certificate on a blogspot blog with no cost attached
Why SSL for Your Blog?
SSL certificate’s job is to initiate secure sessions with the user’s browser via the secure sockets layer (SSL) protocol.
In order to keep customer information private and secure, companies and organizations need to add SSL certificates to their websites to enable secure online transactions and better trust of site owners.
How SSL Works
- When a server attempt to connect to a website/blog ( that is a web server ) secured with SSL, the server will make a request that the web server should identify itself.
- The web server sends the browser/server a copy of its SSL certificate.
- The web server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgment to start an SSL encrypted session.
- Encrypted data is shared between the browser/server and the web server.
Benefits of Installing SSL Certificate
There are lots of benefit for installing SSL certificate I will list 5 common benefits below.
- SSL certificate create safer experiences for your Visitors/customers
- It Enhances customer trust and improves conversion rate.
- Protect both customer and internal data
- It helps to increase the security of your mobile and cloud apps
- Encrypt browser-to-server and server-to-server communication.
Also, Read How to Retain Your Blog Email Subscribers
How to Activate The Free SSL Certificate on Your Blog
Activating the free SSL certificate is easy with this 4 steps
Login to your blogger dashboard, click on settings>>Basic on the left menu.
Scroll down on the on the main page to find HTTPS section.
Under HTTPS you will see HTTPS Availability change the option from No to Yes and wait for 5 minutes or more for your HTTPS to be fully processed.
Redirecting you blog from HTTP to HTTPS
On HTTPS section you will also see HTTPS Redirect ( the default option will be set as No) change the option from No to Yes to Direct visitors viewing on site with HTTP protocol to Https Note: you can only change the option from No to yes if you HTTPs is fully processed.
Popular Post How to remove Footer Credit Link In Blogger Template
HERE IS MY RESULT
I hope this Tutorial has helped you solve your problem of installing SSL certificate on your blog if you have any problem with the steps I have listed above please make use of the contact form to reach me so I can help you out.